August 4, 2008

What I Did On My Vacation.

blogpic006

Blistered feet finally back on solid NJ ground after getting back from the San Diego Convention where the ever-expanding "celebration of popular culture" still indulges an ever-contracting comics contingent. "Artists Alley", as it turns out, was an absolute gas. A steady stream of the nicest folks ever, even a few Deadline readers who must have come on a charabanc day-out from the old-folks home (I jest - reading comics keeps you youthful). And freaks. Zombies, cosplayers, Stormtroopers of all shapes and sizes. Cheers then to all who came by, and to my lovely neighbours Peter Gross and Zander Cannon to my left, Randy & Denise and the "Lady Death" bloke to the right.

All this and the secret meetings with mystery writer, mystery inker and mystery editor for special secret upcoming project. I shall say no more for fear of disappearing into a mystery black limo never to be seen again.

Oh, and I finally figured out what "Being Boiled" is about. Must have been on a slow filter through my brain for the last 27 years.

1 comment:

jackenstein of all trades said...

Mr Flip,

Ok, I'm game; what IS B.B. about?

I always thought it was some Dali-esque cavalcade of concrete poetry set to music. That's not to say that I don't love the tune (as you may recall).

~Ra

also... ancient desktop wallpapers in sizes no longer supported by modern monitors! envy of co-workers! etc!
Wired World

1024 x 768
800 x 600
Angel & The Ape

1024 x 768
800 x 600
Vimanarama

1280 x 1024
1024 x 768
asteroid

1280 x 1024
1024 x 768

even older posts here - subscribe: posts (atom)
Contents 2000 - 2008 Philip Bond unless otherwise stated.
bondnet is tested on monkeys